- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- Your rights with regard to the collection of information.
Eldan has a fleet of over 30,000 vehicles and operates more than 20 car rental branches throughout Israel, and international reservation centers in London and Paris. Over the years, Eldan has spread its wings and now offers its services in a wide range of fields such as car rentals in Israel and abroad, operational leasing, refrigeration trucks, vehicle sales, road services, real estate and tourism (jointly, the “Services”).
Information from which you can be personally identified may also be collected, including but not limited to your full name, passport details, driver’s license number, date of birth, email address, phone number, credit card information, information regarding your browsing habits, the pages viewed by you and the location of the computer through which you used the Website (hereinafter jointly and severally: “Personal Information”). Personal Information shall be collected only if received voluntarily by you, including, without limitation, when filling out forms on the Website, making a reservation, updating and/or cancelling reservations, contacting customer service, signing the rental contract, etc.
Use of Information
In general, we use your information (including your Personal Information) to fulfill your specific requests, and to send you other account related information. Eldan may use the aforesaid information, including inter alia, information collected about patterns of use on the Website, for the purposes of:
- Providing the applicable Services to the User, including, inter alia contacting User to facilitate such performance, assigning traffic and parking fines and handling toll road and fast lane payments as well as general customer service;
- Improving the Website, its services and materials;
- Facilitating future reservations on the Website, including contacting Users if the need arises;
- Customizing content and advertisements provided to Users and conducting analytic and/or direct marketing activities;
- Research regarding use of the Website and/or the use of the Services, including statistical analysis of sales;
- Collecting data on the quality and availability of Services and examination of products sold;
- Conducting satisfaction surveys by email or by contacting the user on his cell phone or other number provided to Eldan;
- Providing updates regarding deals and promotions, subject to your right to not receive promotional information as noted below; and/or
- Response to legal requirements (e.g. request from law enforcement agencies) or any other legal matters such as to enforce local policies, to handle damage claims with third parties including insurance companies, to respond to claims or to protect the rights, property, or safety of others.
(jointly, the “Purposes”)
The lawful basis for collecting and using most of your Personal Information is that it is necessary for the performance of the relevant Services by Eldan under the applicable contract you will or have entered into with Eldan. Failure to provide such Personal Information will mean that Eldan will not be able to provide you with the relevant Services.
The lawful basis for sending marketing communications regarding Eldan's Services to you, is that you have given your clear consent for your Personal Information to be used for that specific purpose.
If you have used Eldan's Services in the past, we have a legitimate business interest for matching the data we collect with other data we had already collected, to personalize the content we send you, to make it more suitable and relevant to your needs.
Disclosure of Information and Transfer of Data
Eldan may disclose Personal Information to third party service providers such as Facebook, to enable Facebook’s Look Alike Service, ActiveTrail, for direct emailing services, Appyy, for conducting satisfaction surveys, Bump-Yard in order to contacts its customers in various means of communication (E-mail, Messenger, SMS, WhatsApp) and to allow Credit Card companies for charging payments for requested services.
Eldan may also disclose Personal Information to its business partners around the world which offer or advertise our services. These business partners may also include companies of the Enterprise group of companies or Rentalcars.com. When you make a booking on one of our business partners’ platforms, they will send Eldan some of the personal data you have provided to them. Similarly, we may send our business partners some of the personal data related to your booking.
Eldan may also disclose your Personal Information in any dispute, claim, demand or legal proceedings, if any, between the User and Eldan or anyone on its behalf or to enforce policies, to respond to third party claims or to protect the rights, property, or safety of any third parties.
We may transfer your information, including Personal Information, in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, the sale of related assets or corporate division or other fundamental corporate change.
We may provide access to your Personal Information to our contractors who are performing services for us in connection with our Website or the Services that you have requested and/or to our personnel in order to provide customer service.
Furthermore, information about you or your account may also be released in order to comply with any valid legal inquiry or process such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute or court order. We will also release specific information in special cases, such as if you use the Website to perform an unlawful act or omission or take any act or omission that may damage Eldan, its property and goodwill, or if there is an attempted breach of the security of the Website or a physical or property threat to you or others. The authority supervising such activities is the Israeli Privacy Protection Authority, and you have the right to file a complaint to it or any other relevant supervisory authority under and subject to applicable law.
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your Personal Information you may contact us with a request and we may charge a small fee for such service. We want to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate and up to date. You may request to correct information you think is inaccurate as well as having your Personal Information transmitted to another controller.
Additionally, in some jurisdictions, in particular those located within the European Union (the "EU") or within the European Economic Area, you may be afforded specific rights regarding your Personal Information. Subject to eligibility, you may have the following rights to;
- Request a rectification of your Personal Information where the information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete,
- Object to the processing of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes.
- Object to the processing of your Personal Information where our lawful basis for that processing is that such processing is necessary for our legitimate interests but without derogating from our rights to continue processing such Personal Information under any other lawful basis, such as if required in connection with the performance of the Services or if we need to retain such information in connection with any regulatory retention requirement.
- Object to an automated decision making (including profiling) in certain circumstances.
- Request the erasure of your Personal Information in certain circumstances, such as where processing is no longer necessary for the purpose it was originally collected for, and there is no compelling reason for us to continue to process or store it (for instance if such retention is required in connection with the Services or under any regulatory retention requirement);
- Receive your Personal Information, or ask us to transfer it to another organization..
If you wish to file a request regarding any of the above you may contact us at email@example.com.
We may use “cookies” and/or other technologies or files (collectively, “Cookies”) to identify how visitors make use of the Website. This aggregated tracking information may be used to help us improve and enhance the Website experience for all of our Users. In addition, Cookies are used for adjusting the Website to your personal preferences. Cookies contain varied information such as the pages you visited, the length of time you stayed on the Website, the location from which you arrived at the Website and more. The information stored in Cookies is confidential and Eldan’s site administrators take precautions to ensure such confidentiality. If you would prefer not to have cookies stored on your computer, you may modify your browser settings to reject most cookies, or manually remove cookies that have been placed on your computer. However, by so rejecting the cookies, you may be unable to fully access the offerings on this website.
Opt In or Opt Out
Links to Other Websites
Eldan retains information for no longer than may be necessary for it provide its Services and for its reasonable business needs or as may be otherwise required under applicable law. If you withdraw your consent to us processing your data, we will erase your personal data from our systems (unless the data is required to be retained under applicable law or for Eldan to establish, exercise or defend against legal claims or it is necessary for the performance of the requested services), and inform other relevant parties to which we have disclosed your information of the erasure request.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The Services are not intended for children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children who are under 16 years of age.
IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 16 YOU MAY NOT USE THE SERVICE IN ANY WAY.